NEW MOTTO: DOZEN MATTER SLOW DOWN

06:15

I came up with a new motto that I absorbed from minimalism.  Dozen matter is "it does not matter", the dozen matter word came from Ryan Higa (nigahiga youtube channel). In a dear Ryan episode of nigahiga, a viewer asked what came first an egg or a chicken, Ryan came up with one of the best answer it dozen matter (it does not matter). That is true, why are we going to stress ourselves and make our selves think for something that does not concern us.

 Today,  we are facing so many news and most of them are not really important to us yet we worry about it.  So,  every time I hear some news, the first thing that I will ask  is, "will this news report add value and meaning to my life?".  If it adds negativity or stress in my life,  I will stop listening or reading it and say to the world that "It DOZEN MATTER".  If something came up that does not concern me in any way,  It dozen matter.

I want to be slow like a snail where time is an illusion and I do not have to worry about the next minute. 


We tend to rush things like there is always a deadline.  Sometimes because we want to rush things we oversee things or we commit mistakes.  To avoid this situation I always remind my self to slow down. I remember being impatient waiting for my friend to fix her things so we can go out of the room already. Now that I am thinking about it, she is taking her time to fix her things while I just dumped all my stuff into my bag. The question now is what is the use of rushing anyway. We are not chasing any deadline or anything so why am I so impatient waiting for her to fix her things. What will I get from rushing? If I know then what I know now, I should have told myself to slow down. 

This motto is inspired by a post in zen habits saying slow down. I remember the story of a letter (e-mail) sender from a European country where he shared his experience with his colleague in a parking lot. They were the first one to arrive at their work place but his friend parked at the farthest parking space from his office. The writer asked his friend why and his friend told him that they have a lot of time to walk because they are early, the late comer would probably need the nearest parking space so he can run to the office. How considerate, right? 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images