Live a Better By Learning Minimalism #1

06:25


I first encounter the Minimalist way of life from the website "into-mind" and then I expounded my knowledge about simplicity from reading the blog zen habits. Based on what I read, I summarized some key ideas on how to live the minimalist way without compromising your happiness, instead it will add value to your life.

1. Minimalism is not about owning less but owning only necessary items. Contrary to popular opinion, Minimalist do not live with less, instead they live with only the useful and important things that improve their lives. Zen habits said that "necessary" items are things that makes you happy and adds value to your life. He used his kids as an example, for him these kids are necessary for him to be happy. However, providing them happiness need not be expensive. Instead of buying gifts for them, take them to the park instead. In fact, I remember the childhood memories I spent in the free public park than gifts that my parents gave me. Take note these necessary material things should be useful and that you really use it.  You should not end up with things that will only stay at the back of your closet for years.

One application of minimalist living is owning quality clothes that you can wear regularly and makes you happy. Develop a personal style and buy only the clothes that fits your ideal wardrobe. This curating of wardrobe is best explained by Anushka in her website into-mind.com.

2. Minimalist suggest single tasking not multi tasking. Let us face it we love multi tasking, we are doing three things at the same time. However, multi tasking exhaust the brain and produces low quality output. Accomplishing a single task at a time will help focus our mind and will produce quality output. 

3. Work on your goals with baby steps. If you want to achieve something, you need to do it one step at a time. Develop a habit that will take you a step closer to that goal.

These are some Minimalist lessons that I can share for now. I will post the other lessons that I learned later. See yah!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images