GETTING STARTED WITH MINIMALISM

07:40

After I read the posts from into-mind about curating closets,  I decided to streamline my wardrobe.  According to into-mind,  keep only what you wear and what makes you feel good wearing.  This concept is different from frugal living,  Frugal living will probably tell you to not get rid of your clothes and wear them until they plead to retire.  Her concept of minimalism is different.  She said that one should develop a personal style and keep clothes that matches that style. Your style includes the desired silhouette,  colors,  and form that fits your  lifestyle.  By doing this you will limit buying things that you do not need.  Any way,  I rummaged my clothes and found many clothes that I no longer wear.  I planned to donate them but our city do not have charities where I can donate clothes,  even red cross discourage sending clothes because they have plenty already.  So I have stacks of clothes waiting to be donated.

Now,  some people might question this personalized wardrobe principle and say that donating or throwing away clothes is a waste when you can still use them.  Yes,  it can be.  However,  the wardrobe curating is mostly applicable to people who feels like they have nothing to wear but keeps on buying things.  If you are not that person and you are happy with your clothes then you do not have to curate your closet.

I planned to make a capsule wardrobe for work based on into-mind blog.  Capsule wardrobe are few pieces of clothes that you can mix and match,   these are the only clothes you need.  So,  if you need clothes for work,  you can just make a capsule wardrobe without editing the rest of your closet if you are already happy with it.  My clothes consist of casual clothes,  however my new job requires corporate attire clothes.  Hence,  I have to buy some clothes. 

Here are the tips I learned from into-mind blog:

1. Quality beats quantity
- Buy quality clothes that will last for many years. This way, you will get most of your money instead of buying cheap products. Take not that high price does not mean quality products, some expensive products are expensive because they use advertisement.

2. Buy mixable items - Your clothes should match the existing outfit that you have. If you are buying new items you should be able to think of other clothes in your wardrobe that can be worn with the item you wish to buy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images